- Beautifully Presented First Floor Apartment of Approximately 1000 Square feet
- Modern Single Storey Accommodation in an Iconic Local Landmark
- Former Tannery with Communal Area Overlooking the River Avon
- Picturesque Historical Bustling Rural Village near the New Forest
- Wide Range of Local Shops and Services, Including Regular Bus Routes
- Lift, Designated Parking Space and Share of the Freehold
- 19'7 Dual Aspect Principle Reception Room
- 2nd Reception Room or 3rd Bedroom
- Modern Fitted Kitchen Breakfast Room with Built-In Appliances
- Two Double Bedrooms with Built-In Double Wardrobes and En-Suite Shower Room to Master
Hardings of Salisbury are delighted to have been appointed to sell this light and spacious property in a much admired historical feature, within the centre of this large sought after village, to the South of Salisbury and approximately 20 miles from the coast.
Immaculately presented and with a thoughtfully designed layout, the present owners inform us that whilst originally considering a purchase of another nearby property, they viewed this apartment by chance and went no further... They immediately knew it felt right and it has become a much loved home.
They discovered that the developers had retained the original facade and rebuilt the interior to modern standards and in doing so ensured that The Old Tannery became a striking reminder of Downton's Victorian past. A lift provides passage to the buildings entrance and to the side of the building is the communal seating area alongside the River Avon. There is a range of everyday shops and services, including a Co-Op, public houses, leisure centre, library and doctors. Downton sits on beautiful river walks and has notable local landmarks nearby, including; Moot Gardens and the New Forest.
The Cathedral city of Salisbury is approximately 6 miles to the North and has an extensive range of shops, services and amenities, including a mainline train station (London Waterloo approximately 90 minutes).